Because everyone wants a good night's sleep, you wisely recognize the importance of speaking with the professionals who still do things the old-fashioned way and have over five (5) decades of experience! Since 1964 Electropedic has offered a huge selection of adjustable beds and hospital beds to fit every need. For more information, call (800) 233‑7382 in California or (800) 733‑1818 in Arizona/Nevada.
The Electropedic WH2 Adjustable Bed Story
In 1964 Henry Kraus, founder of Electropedic, visited the 1964 World's Fair in the Queens Borough of New York City. Even today from miles around one can still see the twelve (12) story high stainless-steel model of the Earth built for the fair called The Unisphere. The 1964 World's Fair's theme was "Peace Through Understanding," and the fair was dedicated to "Man's Achievement on a Shrinking Globe in an Expanding Universe."
The 1964 World's Fair was a spectacular event and one of the fair's most popular exhibits was Michelangelo's Pietà, which had been brought in from St. Peter's Basilica with the permission of Pope John XXIII. Large American companies dominated the exposition as exhibitors, and one of the unique items on display at the fair was an electric adjustable bed. This remarkable new bed allowed one's head and lower legs to be raised up from their flat positions, which not only made the bed more comfortable with any mattress, it also made other activities like reading or watching TV in bed possible with just the simple touch of a button!
There were other benefits, as well. By using an adjustable bed people suffering from neck, back, hip or leg pain can move into various positions, allowing a good sleeping posture that causes the least amount of discomfort. This can also be helpful in reducing back pain by shifting much of the weight off the back.
After seeing the adjustable bed exhibit at the 1964 World's Fair, Henry Kraus recognized the value and innovation a product like this would provide. Henry Kraus returned to California to open in 1964 the very first Electropedic Beds store manufacturing and selling these new incredible adjustable beds! And now with nearly sixty years of expertise, Electropedic which was started by Henry Kraus in 1964 is still a family owned business run by his two sons, Lloyd and Philip Kraus.
Now After Nearly Sixty Years Of Experience, the Electropedic WH2 Is The Zenith Of Adjustable Beds!
The Electropedic WH2 adjustable bed is designed to bring you the ultimate in comfort by adjusting to almost any position you desire, making the one-third of your life you spend in bed much more comfortable and luxurious! You can elevate your back and your legs with the the simple touch of your finger. Whether for health, sleep, watching TV, using your laptop or for pure comfort, Electropedic WH2 adjustable bed owners would never choose to sleep on anything else!
The Only Problem With An Electropedic WH2 Adjustable Bed Is That People Don’t Want To Get Out Of Them In The Morning!
There are a lot of people who take getting a good night's sleep for granted. When one don’t get a good night’s sleep they simply can't feel good the next day. An Electropedic WH2 adjustable bed gives you the ability to sleep in a contour position, where your whole body weight can be evenly supported. The pressure is taken off your lower back, circulation is increased, and most importantly, you can sleep comfortably all night.
Relieve the strain and stress from your neck, shoulders, middle back, lower back and hips by merely pressing a button to change your body’s position. And while there's never been a cure for arthritis, sometimes comfort is the best remedy! On a flat bed your body weight is always heavily concentrated on your hips. On an Electropedic WH2 adjustable bed, elevating your back and your legs by only four (4) inches, your whole body's weight is now evenly supported which takes most of the pressure off your hips.
And, you don’t have to have a circulatory problem to want to elevate your legs if you are very tired or have had one of those long days. The Electropedic WH2 adjustable bed allows you to contour your body and elevate your legs. This is the most comfortable and relaxing position you’ll ever find! You can even turn on the massage feature for that extra relaxation! Massage provides a soothing, gentle and relaxing circular motion over the entire area of the bed to help with sore and tired necks, backs, hips and legs.
Frequently Asked Questions - What Is A Wall Hugger?
When the head of an adjustable bed is raised under ordinary circumstances, it moves up and forward on its arc at the hinge point and your nightstand gets farther away. On a split-adjustable bed (for two people) if one person has the head raised while the other lays flat, this means conversation can be more difficult because you're so far away. With ingenious engineering, the wall hugger design overcomes this by moving the whole bed (split adjustable beds work separately) back toward the wall as the head or feet rise, keeping your nightstand easily within reach!
Electropedic WH2 Adjustable Bed Features:
• Ingenious wall hugger design with an 850 pound weight capacity.
• Two (2) independent direct drive motors, one each for the adjustable head and foot sections of the bed, battery backup means you can still operate the bed in the event of a power failure.
• Embedded dual circular motion massager featuring three (3) intensities with 10, 20 or 30 minute timers. Oh, the luxury!
• Wireless remote control with (2) two pre-set positions, zero-gravity and flat positions. This means when you get up in the morning, one touch of a button quickly returns your bed to its flat position. And the zero-gravity position is generally most people's favorite position.
• Bed legs with Electropedic's unique locking casters. Many beds are difficult to move, especially on carpet because they may have small cheap casters. Casters on the Electropedic WH2 are larger than the competition's so they roll easily even on rich thick plush carpets. This makes tasks like making your bed or cleaning under it simple because the bed just glides. These unique casters also lock and unlock more easily then its competitors, making it easy to keep your bed in place or move it when the need arises.
• Sturdy all steel frame with an attractive chrome mattress retainer bar that keeps your mattress in place on the bed when raising the head or feet, its modular plug design means if service is ever needed, parts can be swapped easily and quickly, and to give your bed a more traditional "box spring" look, the Electropedic WH2 features an attractive padded foundation with an upholstered plywood base.
• Standard 16" height (without mattress), though Electropedic can raise or lower this height (when specified at time of order) so getting in and out of bed is easy no matter what your height is; optional side rails are available, as well as optional swing-away hinges which connect your Electropedic WH2 adjustable bed to your headboard on a hinge making it easier to make your bed or clean under it, and your Electropedic WH2 adjustable bed can be attached to almost any existing headboard.
• Twenty (20) year limited warranty on beds and mattresses.